Episode 7 – Lisa Upton – Transformational Wellbeing Coach
Pro-Noctis director and host of the P3 Podcast Phil Kelly is joined by Transformational Wellbeing Coach Lisa Upton! They talk about Lisa’s medical history, the craniotomy that was performed on her to remove a tumour from her brain and how this journey led her into the field she is in now. Lisa goes on to talk about her company ‘Euphrenity’, and her upcoming course ‘The Reset Code’.
- Lisa’s diagnosis of epilepsy at the age of 14, and how it was caused by a benign tumour in her brain, which they wouldn’t be able to get out.
- Lisa’s acceptance of it for the majority of her life although her epilepsy was getting worse.
- The advice Lisa received from her neurologist to try and get the tumour out, and the shock that gave Lisa and her family.
- Lisa’s intuition and how it was telling her to get the surgery, albeit the serious risks involved.
- Lisa’s decision to have the surgery, and her family’s hesitation and eventual acceptance for that decision.
- Lisa’s experience on the morning of the surgery, the fear involved but how her intuition pushed her through.
- Lisa’s experience during the surgery, how she awake during the majority of the surgery answering sums and reciting words, and how surreal it was.
- Lisa’s recovery, how she quickly lost her ability to speak well and used emojis in order to communicate with her family and how that felt for her and her family.
- The recovery process, the speech therapy Lisa took and how much it changed her as a person; her drive for life, love for words and insight into the importance of communication.
- How Lisa was asked to join a mental health study after her operation, which she joined, and the route of research it took her down.
- The three main factors involved in maintaining good mental health; living more consciously, establishing an equilibrium between your left and right sides of the brain and cultivating good intuition.
- What steps we can take in order to strengthen the right side of our brains and aid the imbalance caused by the society we currently live in.
- The research behind intuition, how hard it is to measure and how we can’t seem to explain it.
- The mental health issue we had before Covid, how Covid has made it worse and how, hopefully, Covid has given us a reset due to the stillness it has provided us.
- How intuition is always in line with who you are as a person, and thus it will never let you down even if it’s not correct.
- How we avoid interaction with other people and take other peoples company for granted, and how Covid has helped us see this and has even brought us closer to the people around us.
- The importance of our closest friends, and how they help us develop our sense of self and intuition.
- How Lisa has taken all of the lessons she has learned, the three main factors in maintaining good mental health, into a course called ‘The Reset Code’.
- What ‘The Reset Code’ consists of, how it can help you and how to get involved.