Coaching & mentoring skills needed now more than ever
With the onset of lockdown 2.0 here in the UK, we can expect increased friction within the workplace as more people are forced to work from home, are furloughed and businesses feel the pinch. The first thought might be to batten down the hatches and try to see the stormy weather through, but the director of Pro-Noctis and leading professional development expert, Phil Kelly, urges companies to think long term and start investing in their staff and workforce well being with recognised coaching & mentoring courses.
‘Wikipedia states ‘Coaching is a form of development in which an experienced person, called a coach, supports a learner or client in achieving a specific personal or professional goal by providing training and guidance.’ so isolated and probably concerned staff need a guiding hand now more than ever. We have no doubt companies have experienced ranks that can help others, but how many have any formal training or the coaching & mentoring skills to effectively coach others?’ – Phil Kelly, Director Pro-Noctis Ltd.
These qualifications are aimed at leaders & managers at all levels who want to develop their coaching and mentoring knowledge, skills and understanding in order to enable productive and effective workplace conversations, encourage the growth and development of others and gain a recognised accredited qualification.
The impact for anyone completing the courses includes:
- Know what it takes to be an effective coach or mentor
- Understand how coaching and mentoring work
- Learn recognised coaching and mentoring models and the tools and techniques to support them
- Put new skills into practice and carry out supervised coaching and mentoring sessions
- Analyse coaching or mentoring performance in order to improve personal ability
The impact for their employee includes:
- Effective and confident first-line managers
- Better relationships and communication in teams
- Measurable results: workplace-based assessment ensures new skills are effectively transferred to a business
- A broad range of optional units – qualification can be tailored to an organisation’s learning and development needs.
Reach out about this course if you’re unsure if this course is right for you, please reach out to a Pro-Noctis representative that can help you.